Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ZC: Day 15 - Weighing In, Feeling Great

It turns out I lost an astonishing seven pounds this week. That makes a total of 11.8 pounds (5.4 kg) in the space of 14 days. I have never heard of such a quick drop in weight in someone who is not overweight or obese. (Not by silly, modern standards, anyhow. I bet I'd make a chubby cavewoman.) I'm living evidence of the "carbohydrates drive insulin drives fat accumulation" hypothesis. Without carbs, it's as if my body is saying, "Whoa! We're fat! Let's jettison this extra junk. Now!"

I suppose nausea prodded the weight loss along a bit, too, but I never did lose my lunch, so whatever calories I ate stayed with me.

My average daily caloric intake for this week: 1900

Last week: 2350

Since starting ZC: 2125

I'm bracing myself for the weight loss to slow down dramatically, but that's what I said last week and it didn't happen. Maybe I just shouldn't try to predict it.

On to today's report.

Hunger

Super hungry today. I ate about 3/4 of a roast chicken all by myself again. Later on I had some chicken wings and tasted a dish that the Caveman made (beef and cheese). I'm still a little queasy at the thought of very greasy foods or fatty beef. Cheese and eggs also look gross. Fat has only been 50-60 percent of my diet for the past few days, whereas it was around 70-80 percent at first. I'm not doing this on purpose--just following what my stomach says. Total consumed: around 2450 calories

Cravings are strong but not compelling. Visions of sugarplums may be dancing through my head, but I am kicking them in the pants. No sweet thing is worth the price I'd have to pay for indulging. Not going to feed the bottomless pit.

All That Other Stuff

I felt awesome this morning! The Caveman commented that I looked like I felt better than I've felt for over a year. He was right. I can't even recall when I last felt this kind of vitality. 

I ended up overdoing it, of course. I got ambitious and took the kids out on several errands in a row, ran like crazy with them, etc. When I arrived home I was having a hard time breathing properly. By 4 pm I would have gone to bed if I could have. 

After I ate, I felt even more sleepy and fatigued, as well as a bit dull. Following my hunger cues, I want large meals and long periods between meals, but it seems like this is hard on my body in some way. I'm going to watch this trend and see what happens over the next week before I decide what to do about it.

But, again, I am incredibly encouraged by how I felt earlier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment